Saturday, October 4, 2008

How Life Changes


It's funny how life changes, it contains a lot of firsts, firsts that hold indescribable feeling, a feeling that you will never feel again with the same magnitude. As you grow you can't imagine being old enough to do a lot of things. When you get married there is this craziness of blending 2 homes into one and as you prepare for a new baby it is beyond something that you can put into words. I remember this exact day last year, Saturday conference session, opening day of the elk hunt. It was raining just like it was today and I was 6 months pregnant. Anyone who was around for my pregnancy knows that I hated every last second of it, so last year at this time I thought I was going to die and there was just no way that I would ever feel more uncomfortable...little did I know what the next 3 months had in store. Anyway....conference weekend last year, rainy....Afton and I went to Salt Lake to a boutique to find some fashionable maternity pants. I remember telling her that I couldn't believe that I was actually preparing for a baby. On our way home she said to me "Won't it be so weird next year at this time when we are taking Van with us to the mall, it won't be just us, he will be here." I couldn't imagine that this little person that we had referred to as Van from the very moment I found out I was pregnant (I already knew he was a boy) was inside of me and actually going to come out and have a spot in this world. Jordan and I talked about it for 9 + months. One day you leave the house, just the two of you and then you come home with 3 and all of the sudden it isn't just Jordan and Jamie's house but Van's house too. Van is an actual person who has belongings just like the rest of us, belongings that he would take with him where ever he may go, a room, clothing that isn't meant for any one but him. It is so surreal to know that the room that was an office is now a real persons room, VAN'S room. I hung some coat hooks in the laundry room just a few days ago, preparing for winter and wanting to have easy access to a coat as we are walking out the door. I smile every time I even walk into the room, Jordan comments on it every time he walks through the back door. This little man has a hook on the wall, one that is all for him, one that hold his very own coat.

1 comments:

Brandt & Lindsey said...

Van in so cute! I am so glad that you have a blog so I can watch him grow.
Hope to see you at Christmas.