Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Van is on the Prowl

Why is it that you insist on only playing with the dangerous or gross things in your line of sight?? You love to crawl under the curtains in the dining room and pick the dead flies out of the door jam.....I will try to clean those up tonight! Yesterday you managed to find an old NERD in the carpet up against the wall....it obviously tasted good. I walked into the laundry room the other day and when I came back into the living room you were gone....in the extra bath sucking on the bolts on the bottom of the toilet. Your favorite is chewing on any electrical cord!!! What the heck child?
You got up on the bathroom floor this morning trying to get around the door to see your Dad. You were up on your hands and knees slowly moving your little knee forward and then carefully moving your hand next. Over a minute or so you made 4 little moves of a real crawl. Each move was so calculated, I guess you must have decided it was just easier to slither across the floor. I love every fiber of your being and even that doesn't explain it enough.

1 comments:

Herd of Sheps said...

Oh Jamie, I know exactly how you feel. I find it so intresting the things that children instinctly do that we may never understand. Like how my little Jack throws fits and falls to the floor, where does he learn that? It's not like when I am upset, I fall to the floor and roll around crying. Why is it that they choose or know to do the things that they do. Why are they led to the bolts on the bottom of the toilet over the basket full of steralized toys you have for him? It never seises to amaze me. They are so much fun though. I love this age that he is at.